Effective Date: 8/15/18
Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
Arkestro does not control the privacy practices of users, buyers, vendors and other third parties that interact with and communicate through our Services. These independent companies are solely responsible for their privacy practices and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations, relating to the collection or handling of personal information that they may receive from other users in connection with the use of our Services.
The Services are not designed for, or directed to, children under the age of 13 and Arkestro does not intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of 13 on the Website or Services. If Arkestro discovers that it has inadvertently collected personal information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
II. How We Collect Personal Information
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including our Website, your interactions with the Services, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our users, business partners, and other third parties.
You may choose not to provide some or all of your personal information to us, but doing so may prevent us from providing our services to you, or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us.
III. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, including any information that allows someone to identify or contact you. We may also collect anonymous data from you, which means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information.
Information You Provide To Us
We may obtain the following types of information that you provide or submit to us or when you communicate with us:
- Contact details and other personal information we may collect when you register for an account to access or use our Services (“Account”) and/or sign up for an event with us, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, professional tile, company name and/or company website.
- Billing and transaction information, including details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us, including transaction data between buyers and vendors using the platform for the purpose of a vendor audit or other vendor relationship management services rendered to either buyer or vendor.
- Profile information related to your Account, such as your username, password, bidding history, preferences and survey responses.
- Bid and transaction information, which may include your name and company, a description of services or requests, pricing information, bidding history and other details that you submit or provide through our Services when participating in bids.
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you report a problem with the Services, receive customer support, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Job application information, including biographical information, education, employment history, professional and other work-related qualifications, references and other information that you may include on a resume or employment application that you submit through the Website.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the Websites or otherwise submit to us through the Services, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Location information, such as information about your location based on technologies including GPS, IP address or connected or nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with marketing communications.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that you provide at other points on our Website that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Website. For example, we may log your operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, device identifier, browser type, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, general location information such as city, state or geographic area, and information about your use of and actions on our Website. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section for more details.
To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, IP address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources
Existing users of our Services may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s contact information in order to communicate with the third party. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral if you have obtained any appropriate consents that may be required by law to allow to access, upload and store the third party’s contact information as described above. You or the third party may contact us at [email protected] to request the removal of this information from our database.
Third Party Analytics Services and Ad Servers
Arkestro works with certain third party analytics companies that we engage to provide us with information regarding traffic to our Website and help analyze how individuals use our Services, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Hot Jar (“Analytics Services”). These third parties may automatically collect information about you using their own cookies or other technologies, or may otherwise collect or have access to, information about your visits to this and other websites, your IP address, your ISP, the browser you use to visit our Website and other information about how you access and use the Services (the “Analytics Information”). We use this information to improve our Website and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Websites and the other sites tracked by these third parties.
For additional information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members and DAA Self-Regulatory Program participating companies, you may visit:
- NAI Opt-Out Tool (for website users): http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- DAA Consumer Choice (for website users): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- DAA AppChoices (for mobile app users): http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Website and elsewhere online. Some third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
What are cookies?
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Website; and (2) third-party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Website and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies We Use
Our Website uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to
|Targeted and Advertising Cookies||These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show advertisements
which we think will be relevant to your interests while you
are on third party websites.
|These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Website or Services or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Googlet. The social network will
record that you have done this.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Website.
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Object (“LSOs”)) on our Website to collect and store information about your use of our Website. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel at this website. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at this website and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our Website.
In addition, we may use pixel tags (also referred to as clear GIFs, web beacons, or web bugs) on our Website to track the actions of users on our Website. Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened, for example, to ensure that we are sending messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
V. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide our products and services (including, for example, facilitating bids and negotiations, connecting users with potential bid participants, and analyzing your use of the Services).
- Register you for a Arkestro Account and manage and maintain your Account.
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Operate, maintain, administer and improve our Services, including to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you related products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Bill you for Arkestro products or services.
- Communicate with you, respond to your inquiries and provide you with information that you have requested or agreed to receive.
- Determine your eligibility for and the terms or any potential employment with us, including conducting background checks, credit checks and other screening processes to the extent allowed under applicable employment laws.
- Facilitate your communications with us, through social networks and other interactive media.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer and for internal business purposes.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Services and social media assets.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may also create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous, aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and to disclose such data to third parties in our sole discretion.
VI. How We Disclose Your Information
We will share your personal information with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share personal information with third party service providers in connection with the performance of services to, or on behalf of, Arkestro and the Services, such as customer support, billing, payment processing, hosting, email delivery and database management services. We may also share Information when we work with businesses, partners or agents to develop a direct relationship with you or in connection with referrals.
VII. Third Party Websites
VIII. Third Party Products and Services
The Services may integrate with or enable access to third party tools. End users that register, install or access any third party tools may be required to accept privacy notices provided by those third parties. Please review those notices carefully, as Arkestro does not control and cannot be responsible for these providers’ privacy or information security practices.
IX. User Generated Content
We may make available on our Services, or link to, features that allow you to generate your own content or share information online (e.g., on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, etc.). Please do not embed personal information in the content you generate or share personal information online in public, community or user forums. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage, dissemination or erasure of personal information embedded in user-generated content (including project files) or shared publicly. By posting personal information online in public or community forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
X. Your Choices
In addition to your choices in connection with cookies (see Cookies and Similar Technologies), you have several choices regarding use of information with respect to our Website and Services:
We may periodically send you information and emails that directly promote the use of our Website or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at [email protected]. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below.
Choosing Not To Share Your Personal Information
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Arkestro has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Arkestro, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email [email protected], with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
XII. International Transfers
XIV. How to Contact Us
60 29th St. #148
San Francisco, CA.